Friday, November 6, 2015

Manga Markers: Tombows

I sketched a gypsy girl yesterday and liked it so much I wanted to color it. The thing is, I'm not really great at it. xD
So I color rarely, but when I do, I use markers. I used my mothers tombow markers for this one.
First I started with a pre sketch; just trying to get down the idea I had in my brain.
 I wasn't quite sure what I wanted; at this stage I was just trying to put it down, heedless of proportion and perspective.

Then I trace what I wanted onto another paper and 'fixed it up.' I changed some of the clothes, but not the overall look. Then... I brought out the markers...

Ta-da! lol, I know, there is a bit of room for... okay, never mind, there's a lot of room for improvement. I changed any last-minute details and slathered it with color!
I really love the Tombow marker because of their brilliance. I like prismacolor more, but I only have a few of those and I've had them for three years and half of them are used up. :(
As for the Tombows, they dry quickly and and have an amazing pop-out-at-you appearance on the page. They have brush tips that make application fast and easy; if you're looking for the perfect starter manga marker, Tombow is it.
I still want to find a more efficient way to blend them though. I'll give you guys an update some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!