Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Mermay and More! Manga art of spring 2018

 @doodlesbyPrins just gifted me with the art program Clip Studio Paint! These are my first drawings I've done within the new program.


Both the merman and the little chibi boy below are depictions of Prins (@doodlesbyPrins on twitter). We may look like a thing, but honestly we're not :`) I drew the mermaids for the #Mermay hashtag this month!




^^A OC of one of my friends!!




















These last two are part of a comic I drew for my webtoon (Not So Generic) about a childhood game I used to have, where I played pretend I could speak with leaves and flowers and rocks. :P I had a wholesome childhood, the best.

2 comments:

  1. Ack, I feel so horrible. I didn't mean to not come to your blog in soooooooooo long. DX I seriously feel bad. DX

    OM, wow! The merpeople pictures are amazing! (I think I want to get that art program when I have my own laptop. XD Is it good?)

    Your art of you and Prins is so cute!

    OM, the Roman Centurion is so detailed. The ink fading into pencil is awesome looking.

    AH, YOU'RE COMIC IS THE CUTEST THING. I love how you made Leafy look like a soldier and adding the leaf patterns to his headpiece to make him actually look leaf-ish. And how Leafy is talking about war and it's like actually winter coming. (At least, that's what I'm getting out of it, I might be wrong. XDD) And you added so much emotion to Leafy's face with the panel (I think that's what its called...? :P) showing just his eyes and eyebrows. It's amazing!

    Awesome post, Rachael! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, no need to feel bad! You've always been a great support to me and my art and I'm so glad for that :)
      The program is AMAZING. It's CSP pro, one of the best! I'll always vouch for the older Manga Studios programs though, and you could probably start with them at a cheaper price! :D
      You interpreted the comic well! I couldn't decide whether it was spring and he was talking about frost or the winter months were coming. THANK YOOOOUUUUU!! I'm so happy to hear from you again Chloe.

      Delete

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!