Tuesday, July 30, 2019

WIP anime bird fairy




I did the line art and then thought: Wait. I don't have to draw her cleavage for her to be feminine and gorgeous. I can do whatever I want. I can promote modesty. And she can still be beautiful.
I really love the quality of the line in this drawing. I love G nib pens because of their fluidity. For a while I used the turnip pen on CSP, but now I've returned to the G pen because of the LIFE that the variety of thickness gives to a drawing.




Turnip pen: Very uniform, great for control of line and width. Like a technical pen.












G pen: Wide range of widths without changing settings, gives depth.













Here's a better look at the colors and finished look of the bird girl. I had fun playing around with opacity and color vibrancy to give the dress a schiny look!


And last but not least, after consulting some experts, I found a gold, teal bird on google images. Never underestimate the importance of references and the internet's photo gallery.

Image result for exotic birds

1 comment:

  1. Not only can she 'still" be beautiful, modestly dressed, she is more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!