Thursday, March 26, 2020

Art of Jan 2020


That's me hugging my favorite tree! At Brigham Young University Idaho. The bright colors and clear shapes inspired me! The digital illustration-cross-painting was done in clip studio, while referencing the photo.





I first took note of the basic shapes with a light blue pen-- resized the jacket, added extra wrinkles to the sleeves. 
I filled the shapes with big blocks of color, selecting colors from the photo and then adjusting them to be even Brighter. I then blended in the colors of the jacket and the highlights from the christmas lights.


A traditional painting I did for my Grandma! After I scanned it in I blurred the girl in the background on the computer.








I was particularly proud of the hands for this lantern girl, but the colors of her kimono jar too much with the purple-black sky.



Hope you're having a great day! I write this post as COVID-19 climbs in cases and deaths. There's a lot of spook about it from talk show hosts and other puppets-- all we need do is be smart, follow good precautions, and look forward with a brightness of hope. 
We should be informed, and take this pandemic seriously. 

Remember that God our Heavenly Father knows who you are, where you are, and what you're going through. It will be okay. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!