Wednesday, February 4, 2015

How to Draw a Chibi Girl

How to draw a Chibi girl( 3/4 ):
Chibi's are not easy for beginner Manga artists and make cute little Cartoon characters in comic strips. here I demonstrate, in short leaps, how to draw a Chibi girl in a simple, stylized way.

1. draw a circle, and then create a slightly pointed curve on one side of the circle.
2. Erase the inside of the circle. draw a line through the middle of the head, and then divide it in three sections. the eyes should take up a whole section on their own and the mouth be placed in the lower section, the eyebrows in the higher. the top of the ear should start just below the eyes.
3. you can draw any style of hair, and nothing I draw in my tutorials should limit you from creating something completely your own. Just remember that for a Chibi, the hair line is quite elevated( sometimes even more than I show here).
4. Erase all previous guide lines. draw two inward curving lines for the neck, attaching the to the shoulder 'box.' draw a line from the chest only a short way to the hips: remember, Chibis are simple, short and small.
5. the waist curves inward, more so for girls then boys.
6. give the draws some volume. legs are pretty straight, and, depending upon what look you want, they usually tapper towards the end. my kind of feet are just outward pointing triangles.
7. Erase guidelines and add little improvements like making the waist thinner, and erasing sketchy lines. fill in the eyes with long circles and then fill in the top half.
8. now that you're finished with the basics, add clothes and accessories. I'll do a demonstration of different clothes in a bit. ;)
drawn feb 4 2015
I hope you've enjoyed learning how to draw a Chibi girl with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!