Saturday, March 4, 2017

Coloring Chibis



 Today I drew a bunch of chibis and colored them in manga studios. I'm still learning, but this is the process I've adopted for now.

Our favorite chibi waiter, Chris. ;)
1st... well, second step, first being the line art, is to fill all the colored areas with the base color, creating a flat image; and yes, Chris is blond.
3. I usually apply them in this order: Shadows, details, highlights. The shadow and detail are interchangeable in my process, but I always apply highlights last to keep the impression that the details are 'under' them. I'm not sure if those are rips or flour stains on his jeans...

This is Zach- because what are friends for but references? ;)






Ta-da!! :P I hope to use Manga Studios more this year so I can get more comfortable with it and my tablet- so look forward to upcoming digital art posts! If you aren't following me yet, click here for my deviantart profile to see the pictures I don't post here.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! These are amazing!

    Heehee! I re-read your comic with Chris in it! Too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!