Thursday, April 26, 2018

My experiments with Paint

I hardly ever paint- but I LOVE this illustration, even though it was a mistake from start to finish. It was a happy accident. I saw a picture like this somewhere, don't know who artist was, so I can't give them credit for the inspiration. I was messing around with my mum's acrylics (she's an illustrator) on scraps of paper around her work desk. This is just under 2x2 inches. (so it's a mini mouse drawing teehehe)

I'm a newly instated counselor for a high school-aged girls' organization, and since I made the suggestion that some of our meetings be devoted to learning skills from the members, the president decided I should pioneer the idea with a one-hour painting class next Wednesday. Ack!
inexperienced girls can be easily turned off by their art not 'looking like the picture', so I decided to go with stylistic animals. These ^^ are doodles I did whilst figuring out my game plan. B)
'Happily ever after isn't a fairy tale, it's a choice.' -Fawn Weaver
This three paneled comic was inspired by Fawn's insight, and the large amount of blue paint left on my pallet.
 Text yet to be added!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, I love that first drawing so much I had to comment!! Very well done!!

    - Purr

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!