Friday, April 19, 2019

Sketch to Finish: Princess and Stable Boy

This is a quick Cartoon sketch of a princess and one of the stable boys. And some baby chicks.
I start out with a really light blue, and I use quick strokes. I stay pretty zoomed-out from my drawing so I don't get nit-picky about the details.
I'll switch to a darker value of the same color to stream line things, but I still keep it pretty loose.

Then I'll take black, or most often a gray-brown, and using the pen tool 10 pixels smaller than the pen size for the sketch, I zoom in and ink my drawing.
Just a basic one-light-tone-one-dark-tone color scheme here. 


And that's it! This one's kind of leaning on the cartoony side. I enjoyed doing it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!