Thursday, September 24, 2015

Pencils and shavings...

Good morning! It's been awhile, but I'm going to try to be consistent with posting this time. Over the past few days I've been trying to do a little more than just line art, which means I 'colored' some of my pictures. I call it coloring, but really all I do is shade in different shades of gray. This time though, I actually DO have a colored picture to show you guys, even if it's not well done, it's still actually colored.

 These first two I am very proud of, since I have little experience in shading and making things their correct value and at the same time keep the focus where I want it. The first, the one set in a library, is my favorite.
This is my second attempt with colored pencils in two years, and is considerably better than the first, though not as good as I wanted it too be. I guess you have to draw the line somewhere though. *sigh*
I will have to practice with colored pencils more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!