Sunday, April 9, 2017

Sketch dump

Haven't had a lot of time for posting; my weekend got clogged up with Prom, not to mention sewing both my sisters' and my own Prom dresses. :P I should really run a blog of excuses for people who need to get out of commitments. XD

These first two are really rough character sketches. When I first imagine a character, I might fill out several pages with them in different poses or with different expressions to get a feel for their character.
The one above was colored with several tombow markers (non-alcoholic). Tombows are great because there is a huge variety in color and you can get big sets cheaper than other marker sets- It's just I need to be more patient when coloring, otherwise they overlap and look choppy.

 And these two above are re-visions of my character Jairshon who pops in and out of this blog all the time.
I don't know what my brain pooped out at 11 that last night, but I like it. :PI was trying to create different line width with a single stroke from my G pen; I still have a lot of learning to do and practice.

Doodling around with my black and red pens. :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Good job on the art! Sorry, I'm so late to comment on this. :(

    I really like the last picture! She makes me think she is some cool elemental person. I don't know why, but she does. I love flow-y outfit. :P :D

    The first two are cool as well. I like the girl's ponytail. :3

    I can't wait till the next post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, by the way, you made your own prom dress?! What can you not do???? XD How was the prom? Did you get to slow dance with any special guy? ;) What kind of dress did you wear? What color was it? I want to know everything! XD XD (I've never been to prom, so humor me. XD )

      Delete
    2. I can't skate board...? :P Prom was really nice, and I danced with several really nice guys and met some new (all of them hotties xD) ones. I'm going on a double date later with one of them! The dress was ankle-length and a solid bright red, with a wrap-style top tied at my waist. :) I'll see if I can draw it or sneak it into a post. xD
      Prom isn't too big with me- I like being dolled-up, and I like dancing, but in the end, you can have a great time anywhere as long as you're with great people. ;)

      Delete
    3. Lol! Ha! I can beat you at one thing! XD Though, I only skateboard a little. I can't do tricks and cool stuff like that. :P

      Oooh! The prom sounds delightful. :D Wow, a date already! XD That's fast. XD

      Your dress sounds beautiful. :) I wish I could sew that good. :3 Yes! You should sneak a drawing of your dress into a post!!

      I'm glad you had a good time. :)

      Delete

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!