Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Backgrounds and Props in Storytelling

I've realized most of my Webtoon characters always interact in an open void, surrounded by speech balloons and white-space.
I've started implementing partial backgrounds as much as I can in Not So Generic. Tables, half-walls, half-tables- it honestly looks a little funny, but these little props do their job in grounding the characters and conveying actual environments my characters inhabit.













Eventually, I want to draw comprehensive digital backgrounds. I'm starting with these simple backgrounds to experiment with color and line. Backgrounds such as these allow me to add more depth to the stories I tell in my webtoon Not So Generic.



2 comments:

  1. I love how you're always striving to grow as an artist! Your mini-backgrounds are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosamind!! Thank you. I think we're always growing as artists as long as we keep drawing, but if we're aware of just Where we need to grow and focus on That, our growth becomes exponential!

      Delete

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!