Monday, December 28, 2015

Koi Marker Brush pens

Another gift I received for Christmas was a set of gray Koi Marker brush pens, and of course, I wanted to try them out right away. I got out my clip board and started doodling while everyone else finished opening their presents.
 It was a set of six: three warm, three cool. I used the darkest warm and the lightest cool for the above. I really liked the girl's face, and after completing her, I made her into a chibi, but changed the position of her furthest arm.
Here is the set. Koi markers are water-based and very wet markers. Their flow is very controllable, and if you like brush tip markers, they're great.
How to blend Koi markers: I wondered what could make them blend, and rubbing alcohol didn't really work, so, being brilliant as I am, I got out a bunch of hair products and bathroom liquids and tried them out. Hair spray: No. witch Hazel: No. Mouth wash: YES. I used mint mouth wash with a small percentage of  alcohol, and it did great. I didn't use it for blending, instead I just dribbled it onto the paper to suck out color blobs.
Things I learned: 1) Mouth wash can be a great water-based marker blender. 2) Don't work on a tilted surface- liquids run.

All in all, the Koi markers were GREAT. I definitely suggest using them as a great shading set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!