Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Le Pen: Technical Drawing Pen MARVY

I've been using the Le Pen's Technical drawing pens and I've totally fallen in love with them. There is no way to prove what is 'best.' There is only what works with some things and what doesn't, what fits your needs and what doesn't- and sometimes those needs change.

The Le Pen set I have includes a 0.8, 0.5, 0.3, 0.1 and 0.03, and one brush tip pen. I use the 0.3, 0.1 and the 0.03 the most, because I like to make one thin line, and thicken if needed. I don't use thicker pens often because there is no way to thin the line afterwards.
I haven't found ANY cons really, so I'm here to tell you about the pros... Well, they are a little big, so if you like small pens/have a small hand, I guess you could count that as a con. The technical drawing pens are a bit large, but I like the feel in my hand. Their size enables them to have a bigger ink cartridge than the Prismacolor manga pens, which means they hold more ink, and will not dry out as fast.
 The Le Pens have an extremely even bleed with no bubbles in the ink because of the felt tips. They are escellent for flat line art. To create thickness of lines, either just go back over your old ones with the same pen or switch out for a thicker pen size. The 0.03 is great for small details, while the 0.8 helps block out areas of black or for bold, attention-grabbing lines.
This is a piece I inked with the Le Pen Technical Drawing Pen.
The last thing I've found about these pens is that I do not have to wait for it too dry before erasing the pencil lines underneath; it's ink soaks into the paper instantly. Less drying time, more drawing time.

I am convinced I will be continuing to use this brand and am very pleased with it.
So, to recap:

1) larger Ink cartridges = longer life
2) Even flow, no surprises
3) Many different sizes, great for details and larger projects
4) Drys instantly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!