Thursday, September 22, 2016

Manga Character Design

 Here I began a rough draft of a manga version of the zodiac Aquarius, wanting him to look somewhat like an intense Greek philosopher as he sits by a fountain.
This is a value sketch- I'm going to be finishing this piece on the computer.
Instead of his water jar, I gave him a trident( Chill out Poseidon, you're still the lord of the sea) to symbolize his connection with water and war.


 This is an older character that I sketched out for the first time a few days ago. Her name is Rondo and she was inspired by one of my dreams. O_o
 I tried a different approach. I drew her with more feminine features and big, glazed eyes- more anime than manga- but I was still able to pull off that apathetic and slightly sad feeling.
A collage of different poses for my manga character Ronda so I could get a feel for her personality: Intense, passionate and a little cynical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!