Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Sketch-to-finish: Anime girl with ponytail


 I don't spend too much time on guidelines, whether it's hands, faces or fudge( long story- at least the house didn't burn down). I draw the basic outline for her head with a few quick strokes, then her face( always a challenge trying to balance the facial features). If I'm working on a harder project I'll do a complete first draft and then trace over on a new paper. Since this project was pretty simple, I didn't need that step.


I always sketch the hair after the face because first and foremost in manga, it really is the eyes that determine and define character.
 I darken some of the facial features, filling in her eyebrows and eyelashes; and of course I couldn't forget the highlights as this is an anime girl. ( If you're wondering, when I say anime, I mean the more cartoon looking manga( generally seen in animes like hetalia, vampire knight, ect.), and when I say manga I usually mean shojo manga)
And Taada! I ink most of my manga with technical pens; their fast-to-dry quality makes it so I can erase the underlining pencil without waiting. Anyway, I hope seeing my art process was interesting even though I don't have a lot to say today, lol! 

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Great tips! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at the stats today and in the last two days this post has had more than 150 views. How is this old post getting so much attention??? XD

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!