Friday, February 17, 2017

Drawing the face front veiw

Just a quick face tutorial I sketched up this morning to share with you. :)
We've all drawn that face where it looks like we're training under Picasso- and for manga, that's not a good thing. I created this face-map as a means to keep all the facial features balanced while having as little guidelines in my way as possible.

In 2 I start with the ears because they give me the perfect line( right across the tips) to place the eyes. If you're worried about symmetry you can add a vertical line straight through to make sure the eyes are the same distance from the center. I don't worry about it because the asymmetry of my art creates a more natural feel.

 That's all for today mi amigos!

3 comments:

  1. Coolio! Nice face-map! XD You draw so awesomely. C:

    How do you get your eyes to be the same size? (I seem to have problem with that. :P )

    And if you hadn't said anything about the asymmetry of it, I would have thought it was perfect! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I always like reading your comments.
      With the eyes, I dont really know... For me it's gotten to the point where I can just visually 'feel' how to do it. For more accuracy, just add another line below the first, making it higher or lower depending on how big you want the eyes to be.

      Delete
    2. Aww! Thanks! That's makes me warm and fuzzy inside! XD

      Okay! Thanks! That makes sense. (Why didn't I think of that?! XD )

      Delete

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!