Saturday, May 6, 2017

Anime Chibi Couples 2.0

Chibi-fying makes everything cuter, even the couples. Whether they're on a friend-date or are going steady, it's fun to draw! The interaction is always a mix of sweetness, drama, and trust; So if you don't have a love life, you can draw it instead. xD

The biggest date-night whoop-di-do in America is probably Prom. The flashy dresses, colors and overall energy (depends on the prom you go to :P) make it a great scene to draw, and you can simplify it by making everything Chibi, which can go two ways: Either your chibis are semi realistic, and just cuter than regular manga, OR you can play up the bows and ruffles and chibi-ness for a comical effect, like kids' dress up.
Some people want to be there; others don't. Some dress fairly casual, others- dress to the NINES. *sough**squints at older sister**cough* Since it's your picture, you decide. Frankly, my favorite part about Prom this last year was the dress-up part and the food. With all the people gathered in one place, dressed up and generally having a good time, all I wanted to do was sit down and sketch them, but my older sister kinda threatened me that if I didn't dance with three guys she'd take my backpack (which, yes, I brought, and yes, I am a dork) away. I couldn't lose my backpack.
 A nice extra; Rhonda and Aden as a modern married couple! Sometimes I feel like manga artists forget they exist, but they do, and in this exceedingly-increasing-divorce-rate time, there are still happy ever afters(I'm a dork, remember?), like my mom and dad, and my grandparents, who have the best marriage relationship I've ever seen.
In married vs dating, drawing familys/newly weds there is so much more drama, and sweetness, and trust (If it's happy, anyway. If you want to draw marriages where the husband is cheating and the mom takes heavy drugs to compensate, that's your call bro).
Off that dark note, I do believe that marriage is important, and in happiness in marriage and that it's a real accomplish-able thing.

PS I super relate to the painting session in the corner because do you knOW HOW MANY PAINTBRUSHES I CAN FIT IN MY HAIR BUN??

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I love all the chibi couples! I don't think I could pick a favorite. Seeing you draw chibi couples makes me want to go draw some too. XD

    Yeah, I believe people can have happily ever after marriages too. :D My parents are proof, too. <3 ^.^

    By the way, I love how you can do so many expressions on chibi people. XD

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!