Tuesday, October 16, 2018

What is the Best Paper for Inking?


Inktober prompt 12: "Whale." Drawn on a sketchpad.

      I don't have an answer.

      I've been through a lot of paper, a lot being thousands and thousands of sheets and hundreds of dollars worth of paper. Construction, copy, cardstock, marker, sketchpads, Paris boards, Hammermill- I feel like I've been through it all.
Yet my pen nib still catches on the paper, my ink still bleeds through or fans out. I thought I had hit the gold at the end of the rainbow when I found Hammermill! And was consequently disappointed when only the thinnest lines remained smooth.

      Is it my ink? Are my nibs too old? I'm uncertain. My quest continues!

2 comments:

  1. Try using different pens. I know that there are certain ones that just don't work well for drawing. If that doesn't work then I don't have an answer.

    I suggest:Copic Multiliner SP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH, I should've clarified: "What's the best paper for dip pens". I use G nibs and Dr Martin's Black star ink most of the time.
      But yes! I love working with many different types of pens, and love my Lepen technical pens best, though I think Micron's quality is even better!
      Thank you for your suggestion :)

      Delete

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!