Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Basic Manga Guidelines Female and Male


How to draw manga: body guidelines.
First I have the female character. Even in real life, girls are much more curvy and generally shorter than the guys; Manga enhances this. While manga enhances the girly things about girls, it also tends to make it's male characters more macho: Shojo, for instance.Take a look at the basic structure of these two drawings.




























Usually I start with the head, an egg shape. Then I create what I call the 'chest-box-thingy.'
then, the two lobe-like things symbolize the lungs. I connect that with the triangle box for the hips. after this first basic shape, I rough in where I want the arms to be along with the legs.
After that, the basics are done, and all that's left is too add 'weight,' or muscle to the drawing, too shape them.

1 comment:

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!