Wednesday, September 30, 2015

My art process on Manga Studio 4x

Remember this girly? 


Well, I'm going to show you how I inked and colored her in Manga Studios, with a layout and 12 panels so you can see how I did it.

The first panel is a clean page with the line art; from there I proceeded to splash on the color, not really caring where it landed as long as it was in the general area. On the fifth panel, I had all the color 'blobs' in place, but everything was extremely messy. In the sixth panel I erased extra color outside the lines with the eraser tool, easily done since I kept the skin, dress, hair and other main pasts on different layers. For the rest I added darker colors and blended the lights and darks together to give it a smoother look.

A few bits of advice:

Always keep your inking layer separate from your coloring layers; In Manga studios 4x, they have a nifty little thing called layer folders, which will keep you from mistakenly coloring on the ink layer.
Different paper colors will change the look of the colors on top. 
Blender tools are time savers!
Remember your light source( I kinda forgot mine)
Have at it and have fun. :)
That's a bit about how I use Manga Studio's coloring function.




















 ... The beginning and the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!