Monday, October 16, 2017

Manga Girl Le Pen Technical pens

This is my favorite Inktober illustration so far- right now, I'm three days behind! I'm sure to pull through. :) Next manga Inktober post coming this weekend!



















In this first stage I really focus on the SHAPES of the figure. Triangles and rectangles are man-made shapes. If you use more natural shapes like ovals, you'll create a more convincing human body.
Wrinkles follow the curve of those circles and oblong shapes underneath the clothes. Clothes wrap around the arms, the legs, the neck, etc. The image will appear flat without the curving of your wrinkles!
Inked with my Technical Pens. They make it look like I inked her with a dip pen, but the stiff nibs are easier to control than a dip pen. Technical pens were created for the precision needed by engineers and architects, but have become a staple art resource as well. Le Pen is my favorite brand, with a great basic set of stiff nibs from 0.03 to 8.0 along with a brush nib for under 15 dollars, and about 2-3$ each if bought separately.
My preferred set would be made of 0.03, 1.0, 3.0, and 8.0, all of which I own and used on this peice- except for my 0.03, it's ink cartridge has finally given out. It's been two years since I got them, so their lifespan is amazing, especially with how much I use them.
Viola. :) I finished this manga girl off with my warm gray blick marker set- I felt like going the extra mile, like it wasn't finished with just ink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!