Saturday, December 2, 2017

Chibi Types

One of my most-viewed posts of the past! This time with a male chibi example.
I use the 'Basic' chibi if I just want to tell a story, like in my comic, not so generic. If I'm doing a particular piece I'll do 'Barely' chibi so I can make it more interesting with extra detail in shading and wrinkles and patterns. Teddy is super common in anime for intense emotions like Joy, Terror, and Rage. I don't use it much, but they're super easy and a great way to start out drawing chibis.
Above, Character design in 'Basic chibi'.
Here below are some different styles and outfits you could use for your chibi character! Mix and match and make it all your own!
Also, are there any old posts that you think I should re-make?
Merry extra-early Christmas!
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Your first picture is su coot!!!! :O I had to show both of my sisters that picture because it was so cute! XD They both agreed with me. :P

    I love all the styles of chibi you drew. :3

    Hmmm, I think I would like to see the manga eyes video redone. :P And maybe do another colored pencil one? I don't know. :P I'd love to see any post you pick to redo. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm flattered :)

      I'll definitely redo the manga eyes video! What would you like to see in a colored pencil post?

      Delete
  2. This is great I never used barely and basic but this is the best chibi thing I've ever seen

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!