Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Manga Eyes

There are a LOT of different manga styles out there, and probably 2 times more different ways to draw manga eyes.
Here I did a little exercise with tombow markers, just drawing 20 different eye sets.

Here (Left to right)the first three I would use interchangeably between genders, the forth only for guys, and the last two only for girls. Manga eyes have a reputation for being shiny, but that doesn't mean you have to put a billion highlights in them. I've found that it's best for me to just keep it to a minimum of one or two.
My favorite POV to draw is 3/4.
To get a look at all the different kinds of manga eyes, I suggest watching Mark Crilley's '100 eyes' video on youtube, and I'll put the link here( When I have the time to look it up. :P).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!