Thursday, February 4, 2016

Prismacolor Marker and Prismacolor colored pencils

I've been trying out a few new things. I've combined my prismacolor pencils with my prismacolor manga markers. At first this wasn't on purpose; my skin colored markers have dried out and the tobow marker's texture just didn't look right for skin.
Here are a few of my first experiments:
 I loved how this one turned out. I used beige for the overall skin tone and then used light carmillon (an orange color) to create shadows and give it a 3D feel.
This next one below I was purely experimenting with colors and what prismacolor pencils (which are very oily and thick in a way) would do on top of the manga markers. It's mostly done with Pencil instead of marker.
It didn't quite turn out how I wanted and I'm going to take the original in Manga Studios and color it digitally.
The addition of the pencils made it easier to combine or make certain colors, but I don't like coloring a picture entirely with pencil because it looks grainy. color SLOWLY, be patient, not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!