Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Studio Ghibli inspired mushrooms

I was inspired today by some little white mushrooms on the front of the children's magazine 'spider.' Here is what I sketched after looking at the cover of that magazine:
 Just whimsical doodles that don't even resemble manga. I drew botanical things before Manga, and I still have some sort of knack. Then, I was inspired by the Studios Ghibli part of my brain, and sketched out this unfinished-possible-masterpiece:
I don't have a full background planned out yet, but I really like what I did here. It reminds me mostly of My Neighbor Totoro from Ghibli Studios. If you haven't checked out their anime, then now is the time! They have great films, for kids, adults, teens- whatever. I enjoyed them when I was a kid and I still enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!