Friday, February 19, 2016

Unfinished Panel-less Chibi Comic

For my manga and/or chibi comics I get inspired by all kinds of things: Nature, stories, music; this time, by my Friday dance class. All of my Friday kids are about 8-11 years old. it's almost hysterical, the way they constantly fight over who gets to hold my hand, gets a piggy back or even who gets to be closest to me.
This chibi comic, like pretty much everything else I've posted this week- or this month for that matter, is not finished. It's an outline, showing the line of action, how I want the story to play out.
Everyone likes a good punch line. But why? Like every good punch, it has something behind it. Set up is important, almost, and maybe is, more important than that goody punch line.
This Chibi Comic runs only one page like most of my chibi comics. The shorter a story is the stronger the need to figure out how to get the reader's to 'get it.'






My plan had five drawings, but I was able to take the same concept and turn it into four. The artist of the 'my-four-paneled-life' comics is amazing at this, and she is part of my inspiration to make things clearer and more concise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!