Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Inking line art

Okay, so here's a piece I did a while back of my character Jezzabel. This is before the line art was inked in. She was colored completely with Tombow manga markers.
I wanted there to be some sort of netting over her shoulder, but I knew the marker would be too thick, and then if I used a pen it would look over done. I used a regular ball point pen and as you can see below, I tapered the line and made them look like they disappeared and came back again.
 At first I made sure to color her skin underneath, otherwise I would make the ink bleed if I put the marker on top of the pen lines. I used a pencil to faintly show what I wanted it to look like.
 Number one: glove. it seemed a little weird with everything the same thickness, so when I made one line thicker on accident, I found that I liked the varying thickness and applied it throughout.

Here it is completely inked. These were all taken with my camera in bad lighting, so if you want a look at the scanned (better) version, you can find it here on my blog post Manga Markers: Tombows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!