Saturday, October 3, 2015

Chibi poses 1




Here are two sheets of Chibi poses. Chibis are a staple of all manga and are a lot of fun to draw, but a great deal of manga artists just draw them standing around in the same 'cutsie' pose they learned to draw them in. They don't branch out. I make comics with them, so  I need to draw them in all kinds of positions. So the first page is full of kind of dramatic chibi poses, like leaping, sword fighting, Running, Ballet etc.
The next has 9 chibi poses of ordinary things that pretty much everyone does that, like sitting, calling on a cellphone, typing and drinking water( everyone does that right?).
I hope these two sheets will give you an idea of how to change your stationary chibi's into active heroes; to make you go beyond what I've drawn here and draw some of your own poses.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think of my art!